Bento is a single-serve complete Japanese meal, mostly consisting of rice, fish, meat and veggies. It is typically presented in a box container hence, a unique Japanese offer.
Here in Iloilo, you can find a Bento-Bento buffet at the Maki Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar. A standard Bento is offered with the usual serving of rice, sushi or sashimi, noodles, soup, tempura and the meat, fish or pork.
Bento-Bento buffet at the Maki Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar provides a hefty dining to all lovers of Japanese cuisine. For only 245 pesos (exclusive of drinks), you can have at least one round of Bento-Bento. Just add 35 pesos for a bottomless iced tea. (Tried two rounds of the bento-bento, so more Japanese food were tasted that time)
What attracted us to the Bento-Bento buffet is the unlimited indulgence on Japanese foods especially on their tempura and sushi. Moreover, you will be given a checklist on the foods you want to eat and simply check one food item in each four categories. (This is similar to Kublai Khan’s Mongolian check-a-bowl.)
To give you an idea on what Japanese chow you will have in your Bento box, here’s the list on the different foods in each category.
- Select your choice from these food grubs: California Maki, FutoMaki, Crazy Maki, New York Maki, Spicy Tuna Maki, Kani Sushi, Ika Sushi, Tamago Sushi, Tuna Sashimi, Tamago Sashimi, Kani Sashimi, Ika Sashimi, Gyoza and Japanese Siomai.
- Treat yourself in their Miso soup, Beef Sukiyaki and Seafood Yakiudon
- Have a good taste of the Fish Tempura, Shrimp Tempura, Oyster Tempura, Squid Tempura, Vegetable Tempura and Japanese Spring Rolls.
- Fill your Japanese cravings with the Pork Sukiyaki Teppanyaki, Tenderloin Beef Teppanyaki, Chicken Teriyaki, Beef Teriyaki, Vegetable Teppanyaki and Chicken Teppanyaki.
- Lastly, choose whether you want your bento box with rice or without rice.
Eat all you want Japanese food will undeniably be a merry Christmas. Maki Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar also presents a grand and pleasant Japanese inspired set up, making it a more comfortable place to dine for the holidays.
Note: Dining at the Bento-bento buffet at Maki requires a lot of patience. Customers have to wait for a few minutes as Bento boxes are still being prepared upon order.
We actually experienced waiting for approximately more than 30 minutes before the Bento boxes are delivered to our table. Probably our orders were forgotten since we will most likely still be waiting for another half an hour if we haven’t followed up on our bento. Nevertheless, it was still good food.
Maki Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar
Smallville Complex, Diversion Road
Iloilo City (just beside Freska)
Telephone Number: (033) 321-3885