Wouldn’t Christmas be the best if celebrated with indulgent arrays of food on the table?
The Asian Buffet at Days Hotel is not your regular buffet of different food feast. It is an extravaganza of scrumptious foods, from appetizers to desserts. (And when I say extravaganza, I mean extra wide selection of great tasting foods you would never imagine.)
Extensive selections of appetizers are enticingly arranged to feast your eyes. Different main dishes of selected Asian cuisine are displayed in elegant arrays. And the best of all is the breathtaking assortment of desserts in one setting, a heaven for any sweet tooth. (Count me in!)
Moreover, the graceful and luxurious setting of the Promenade at the Day’s Hotel completes the Christmas ambiance for the family and friends to enjoy.
The good thing in the Asian Buffet @ Day’s Hotel is the affordable cost of the generous buffet. For only 420 pesos, you can have a sumptuous feast of Asian gastronomy. (Exclusive of drinks. Nevertheless, it is still worth it.)
Korean cuisine, Japanese dishes, Chinese chow, Mongolian offers, Thai cooking and of course, Filipino foods are offered in this grand buffet of Asian cuisines. It feels like eating in different countries in Asia in one set up and more, you can taste the best in these Asian countries.
Let us start with the appetizers.
With the eclectic range of tempting varieties, I am already satisfied with the appetizers alone.
- Eat different kinds of bread with butter filing.
- Have a taste of sushi, maki and siomai.
- Feast yourselves with the chicken satay, chicken cabbage rolls, steamed squid, pork ribs and shredded beef on crisp shells.
- Have a sip of the tasty tom yum goong and try on the pineapple noodle salad and spicy shrimp salad.
Hover your mouse to the image to see the label.
(I personally like the chicken cabbage rolls and the assorted Japanese sushi and maki.)
For the main course, here are the sundry of mouthwatering dishes from different Asian cuisines.
- Try on the Bokkum Bap and be transported to the beautiful Korea.
- Have a taste of the Steamed Bok Choy With Mushroom and the Kung Pao Pork and find your way to China.
- Let your taste bud feel an authentic Pla Lad Prig Gatiem (whole fish with garlic sauce) and be amazed on what Thai cuisine offers.
- Lastly, have yourself a merry Christmas with Filipino’s beef caldereta and feel the warmth of Pinoy’s hospitality.
My favorite part is the medley of luscious desserts. Seeing different sweets, from cakes to little cake bars, make me want to stay there for as long as I want.
To give you an idea of my insatiable indulgence , here are the desserts you can look forward in the Asian buffet.
- Delight your eyes and mouth with the saccharine pleasures of the chilled Crème Brulee, the Strawberry Yogurt Mousse, the Panna Cotta with Fruits, the Purple Yam Jelly, the Mixed Fruit Layered Jelly, the Lemon Ginger Jelly and the Mango Pudding.
- Revel in the sweet tasting treats of the Black Forest Cake, the Banana Walnut Bread Pudding and the Calamansi Lime Pie.
- And of course, relish on the unique creations of Pandan Sesame Balls, Betonse Galettes and the Banana Walnut Bread Pudding.
- You can even have a freshly made, hot Mocha Soufflé prepared while you wait.
To add to your delight, a salad station plus a noodle station await to satisfy your desire for more food grabs. Mongolian noodles are cooked as you choose from the different choices of fresh salad ingredients.
*Christmas celebration will indeed be a memorable and perfect festivity when gorged with delectable chows offered by various Asian countries.*
The Asian Buffet @ Day’s Hotel is available every Friday starting from 6 p.m till 10 p.m.
It is located at The Promenade, Days Hotel, 3rd floor, The Atrium Mall.
Tel. number: (033) 337-3297